Look, no one is going to argue that 2016 didn’t suck. But some great stuff happened this year, too! In the last few days of 2016, The Debate Team is going to do their darnedest to remind you that 2016 wasn’t a complete loss.
Jonathan’s list: The Year of Explosions!
- Post ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Explosion Fallout – Living in a renewed Star Wars world and it only looks to be getting better.
- Storytelling Podcast Explosion – Criminal, Serial, In the Dark, and others for nonfiction. Homecoming, Welcome to Night Vale, are all great format exploring fiction podcasts. They’re like old radio shows, but better.
- Vinyl Re-Explosion – I can now buy the Luke Cage soundtrack on wax. I mean, come on.
- Netflix Originals Explosion – Netflix is going crazy producing original content. They are killing it with Black Mirror, Marvel Shows, Stranger Things, and all the new stuff coming up. Great time for quality binge-watching storytelling. HBO is also doing great in this regard.
- David S. Pumpkins – Any questions?